Please ensure that you have carefully and thoroughly read these Terms and Conditions before buying or selling items with Flip Phone.
By reading the ‘Terms and Conditions’ when completing your transaction you confirm that you have read, accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you will be unable to sell or buy items with Flip Phone.
We also recommend that you retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your records.
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words will have the following meanings:
- “Buying” means purchasing a device from Flip Phone.
- “Contract” means the contract formed between you and us as set out in these Terms and Conditions for the sale, recycling, or return of your Item, as applicable.
- “Device” means each item which you wish to sell to us or purchase from us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- “Package” means the package, parcel or box that the device is housed in when collected and during collecton.
- “Recycling” means the transfer of Items to a third party for recycling/waste disposal, at our cost.
- “Selling” means selling a device to Flip Phone.
- “Tech” means, but is not limited to, mobile phones, Apple goods, Samsung goods.
- "Valuation" means the price offered for your device(s), including (where applicable) any revised valuation provided by us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- “we/us/our” means Flip Phone.
- “Website” means www.flipphone.co.za and also includes any other web-services or mobile applications on which you may sell your Items to us.
- “Working Day” a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in South Africa outside stipulated working hours on the days listed above.
- “you/your” means you, the person using the Website and sending an Item to us to be purchased by us or recycled, or purchasing an Item from us as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
We may vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so we recommend that you check them regularly for changes.
Important Buying Rules
WarrantyPlease see the Flip Phone Warranty Policy for information on warranties.
ReturnsPlease see the Flip Phone Returns Policy for information on returns.
Important Selling Rules
All devices that are sold to us are checked by our quality control team during our quality assessment process. Flip Phone reserves the right not to make payment to the user if the device is delivered in the following condition:
- If the device is irretrievably damaged and cannot be refurbished
- If Flip Phone suspects the product is 'non original' in any way. Please note, this matter is taken very seriously and Flip Phone reserves the right to take further action as appropriate regarding purposeful deception.
- If the details you entered on our website(s), mobile applications or online valuation systems for valuation is NOT identical and/or evident on the device of the item received.
- If the device is flagged as stolen/blacklisted we reserve the right to reject the device and hand the device and details over to the South African Police Service.
- If there is substantial damage to the device. Please note that “substantial damage” is completely at our discretion.
- For any and all reasons, subject to Flip Phone's discretion. If the reason for rejection was not criminal as set out above, the device will be sent back at no additional cost.
Where devices are rejected for any of the above reasons, Flip Phone’s decision is final. Users will be informed via email and SMS, to the details on file.
For devices, the prices offered to you by us are valid for forteen (14) days from the date that they are offered to you and you complete a valid transaction on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) and after that period you understand, accept and agree that should we not process your items within the period (forteen (14) days) that the offer price is valid, that we may revalue your items. In the event that we do have to revalue your items, you hereby understand and agree to the ‘new offer prices’ following the revaluation, as determined by us at our sole discretion, and that we will process your items and your payment in accordance with the ‘new offer prices’ only. We will contact you, usually, via email & SMS in the event that this happens.
When selling a device to Flip Phone, you are still liable for any and all original commitments that were due on the phone. Broadly speaking, if the phone was a contract device, you are still liable to your service provider for the full amount of the contract.
Should a device that is sold to Flip Phone later be blacklisted for any reason whatsoever (including, but not limited to non-payment / incorrect cancellation of a contract), Flip Phone reserves the right to recover in full the amount which was paid for the device. Should any conflict arise, Flip Phone will actively seek out legal relief including but not limited to a court action and/or credit bureau blacklisting.
Selling Tech Products
All Tech products sold to us are checked by our quality control team or a quality control team of one of our nominated partners during the quality assessment process.
If your Tech product(s) fail our quality assessment process it will be because the item that you have presented to us is NOT as you have described it when entering the details (providing the required information as prompted by us) of this item on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) and therefore the information you have provided during the selling process to us does not match that gathered by our quality control team when reviewing the tech and/or Tech product(s) that you have sent to us.
Each Tech product(s) that you sell to us should match, where applicable, and, including but not limited to the, make, model, size, colour and condition that you ascribe it when using our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) to sell your Tech product(s) to/on Flip Phone. When we quality assess your Tech product(s) at point of collection or in a place nominated by us solely, we will use the Condition Specifications given below, which were presented to you on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) when you described the condition of the item to make sure that the Tech product(s) you sent to us is as you described it on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) when deriving a Flip Phone valuation/offer price for the item(s) you wish to sell.
The Condition you described the tech product(s) to be in, when selling your tech product(s), to us on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) directly affects the price we offer for it and if we determine the condition to be different from that which you described we may offer you a revised valuation. For Tech, the prices offered to you by us are valid for fourteen (14) days from the date that they are offered to you and you complete a valid transaction on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) and after that period you understand, accept and agree that should we not process your items within the period (fourteen (14) days) that the offer price is valid, that we may revalue your items.