Flip Phone Privacy Statement
Please note that this privacy statement only applies to you if you purchase a product from Flip Phone.
The Key Points
- We only use your data for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We take all appropriate steps to protect your data.
- We will never sell your data to a third party.
- Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data (e.g. so we can send you special offers or news about our products and services that we think would be of interest to you), you can withdraw consent at any time.
- If we don’t need your data anymore, we will either anonymise it (e.g. retain your data to help us assess how people use us so that we can improve our services but make sure that you can no longer be identified from that information) or we will securely delete it.
When you are using our Flip Phone website and services, the data controller is Flip Phone (Pty) Ltd., a company registered in South Africa under company registration number 2018/461562/07.
This Privacy Statement explains how Flip Phone processes and uses information about you. This Privacy Statement applies only to information we process in order to facilitate your purchase and sale of products bought and sold by us on the Flip Phone South Africa website, featured on www.flipphone.co.za). The Site is owned and operated by Flip Phone, a South African company. This Privacy Statement was adopted as of the Effective Date above, and may be amended from time to time. In the event of a material change, we may notify you of such changes.
Personal data collected
Flip Phone is the data owner in respect of your personal data that is necessary to provide you with the products you purchased from us on the Site. This includes information such as your name and delivery address. Flip Phone directly processes your data in accordance with the international practices it employs across its business relating to the protection and processing of personal information.
Please note that Flip Phone is the data owner in respect of all information you provide or is made available about you when you interact with the Site. This includes, for example, information necessary to create a Flip Phone account or to subscribe to email marketing. Your customer relationship is with Flip Phone, which processes your personal in accordance with Applicable Privacy Practices and its Privacy Statement.
When and Why Flip Phone Discloses InformationWe are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. When we process your personal data for the purposes set out above, we may pass or share your personal data with third parties, as may be necessary from time to time:
- With affiliated and unaffiliated technical and organisational service providers relevant to our business.
- To third parties to report or collect on debts owed to us or our suppliers or other business partners.
- To third parties in order for us to perform contractual obligations toward you, combat fraud or criminal activity, or as part of legal proceedings affecting us.
- To law enforcement officers or other government officials, to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
Security of Personal DataWe process data mainly in electronic form in line with the Applicable Privacy Practices security requirements; Flip Phone has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your personal data, including industry-standard encryption technology.
Retention of Personal Data and Your Rights in relation to Personal DataWe will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to perform our contractual obligations to you and as required by applicable law. Should you wish to know more about the personal data we have about you, you can exercise your rights of access at any time. Should you wish to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while we are ready to assist you, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases for financial reporting and compliance reasons.