Which one is for you?
The iPhone 11 and 11 Pro are priced significantly differently. The only real differences however, are the display, the camera, available colours, the battery and a better charger. That’s not to say you shouldn’t spend the extra money on the Pro or Pro Max, but you should know what you’re going to get for your money. Here’s how the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max stack up –
Although priced the cheapest, the iPhone 11 is sized between the two Pro devices. Despite the three different sizes, they all share the same appearance. All three phones have a notched front display, all glass back and new square camera arrangement. The 11 however, features aluminum sides and a gloss glass back, while the Pro models features stainless steel sides and a matte glass back.
- iPhone 11: 5.7mm x 150.9mm x 8.3mm
- iPhone 11 Pro: 1.4mm x 144mm. 8.1mm
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: 7.8mm x 158mm x 8.1mm
The cheaper iPhone 11 has a slightly larger display than the Pro, but the quality is lower. The 11 uses LCD tech while the Pro models use OLED technology. The superior OLED display will mean darker blacks and more brilliant colours.
- iPhone 11: 6.1-inch Liquid Retina, 1792 x 828
- iPhone 11 Pro: 5.8-inch Super Retina XDR, 2436 x 1125
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: 6.5-inch Super Retina XDR, 2688 x 1242
All three models feature Apple’s new A13 Bionic Processor, so they have pretty much the same excellent performance.
Both the 11 and Pro have the same two cameras – 12MP wide ‘standard’ camera, and the brand new ultra-wide lens. The 11 Pro models boast a third, brand new telephoto camera, creating 4x optical zoom. There is a new night mode for taking images in extreme low light situations, new portrait mode lighting, next-generation Smart HDR and advanced auto image stabilisation. Plus, both 11 and Pro models snap wide and ultra-wide images each time you shoot, making it available to decide later on which one you would like to keep.
- Camera 1: 12MP wide, f/1.8, IOS
- Camera 2: 12MP ultra-wide, f/2.4, 120-degree FOV
iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
- Camera 1: 12MP wide, f/1.8, IOS
- Camera 2: 12MP telephoto, f/2.0, IOS, 2x optical zoom
- Camera 3: 12MP ultra wide, f/2.4, 120-degree FOV
Battery & Charging
Here’s how Apple describes their new devices’ battery life, which is a significant increase from last years models:
- iPhone 11: 1 hour longer than the iPhone XR
- iPhone 11 Pro: 4 hours longer than the iPhone XS
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: 5 hours longer than the iPhone XS Max
As far as charging goes, the 11 and Pro devices both have wireless charging as well as fast-charging via a 12W or higher power adapter. Only the Pro models include a 18W power adaptor in the box, whereas the 11 model only includes the standard 5W power adaptor.
All three phones have face ID for 3D facial recognition, that according to Apple, is 30% faster with better recognition from further distances.
The iPhone 11 comes in the colours seen in the XR, black, white, yellow and red, with the new addition of purple and green pastel shades. The Pro models come in the usual silver, space grey and gold, with the new stunning addition of midnight green.
All three phone’s storage is the same as 2018 models, starting at 64GB.
- iPhone 11: 64GB / 124GB / 256GB
- iPhone 11 Pro: 64GB / 256GB / 512GB
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: 64GB / 256GB / 512GB
It’s quite clear that the iPhone 11 Pro Max is the best iPhone you can buy. But not everyone is willing to splurge for the features. Good thing that the iPhone 11 is significantly cheaper and offers comparable performance as well as good battery life and cameras of its own.
We’ve just gotten stock the iPhone 11, you can shop the device on our website or drop us a message and we’ll gladly answer any questions around which device is the one for you!